Self Quiz for Bacteriophage Life Cycles: The Lysogenic Life Cycle
Study the material in this section and then write out the answers to these questions.
Do not just click on the answers and write them out. This will not test your understanding of this tutorial.
1. Describe how the lysogenic life cycle of temperate bacteriophages differs from the lytic life cycle of lytic bacteriophages. (ans)
2. What is spontaneous induction as it relates to the lysogenic life cycle? (ans)
3. When a bacteriophage inserts its DNA into the DNA of the host bacterium, this form of the virus is called a ________________. (ans)
4. The host bacterium for a bacteriophage is called a ________________. (ans)
5. A virus capable of the lysogenic life cycle is called a __________________. (ans)
6. Multiple Choice (ans)
Kaiser's Microbiology Home Page
Copyright © Gary E. Kaiser
All Rights Reserved
Updated: April, 2011
Please send comments and inquiries to Dr. Gary Kaiser