Self Quiz for the Citric Acid Cycle
Study the material in this section and then write out the answers to these question.
Do not just click on the answers and write them out. This will not test your understanding of this tutorial.
1. Briefly describe the function of the citric acid cycle during aerobic respiration. (ans)
2. State the reactants for the citric acid cycle. (ans)
3. State the products for the citric acid cycle. (ans)
4. Is the following statement true or false?
In eukaryotic cells, the citric acid cycle occurs in the cytoplasm. (ans)
5. State the total number of ATP produced by substrate-level phosphorylation for each acetyl-CoA that enters the citric acid cycle. (ans)
6. State the total number of NADH and FADH2 produced for each acetyl-CoA that enters the citric acid cycle. (ans)
7. During aerobic respiration, state what happens to the NADH and the FADH2 produced during the citric acid cycle. (ans)
Kaiser's Microbiology Home Page
Copyright © Gary E. Kaiser
All Rights Reserved
Updated: Feb. 24, 2003
Please send comments and inquiries to Dr. Gary Kaiser