Learning Objectives for "Citric Acid Cycle"
After completing this section you should be able to perform the following objectives.
1. State two other names for the citric acid cycle.
2. Briefly describe the function of the citric acid cycle during aerobic respiration and indicate the reactants and products.
3. Compare where the citric acid cycle occurs in prokaryotic cells and in eukaryotic cells.
4. State the total number of ATP produced by substrate-level phosphorylation for each acetyl-CoA that enters the citric acid cycle.
5. State the total number of NADH and FADH2 produced for each acetyl-CoA that enters the citric acid cycle.
6. During aerobic respiration, state what happens to the NADH and the FADH2 produced during the citric acid cycle.
Kaiser's Microbiology Home Page
Copyright © Gary E. Kaiser
All Rights Reserved
Updated: Feb. 24, 2003
Please send comments and inquiries to Dr. Gary Kaiser