Self Quiz for the Light-Independent Reactions
Study the material in this section and then write out the answers to these question.
Do not just click on the answers and write them out. This will not test your understanding of this tutorial.
1. Briefly describe the overall function of the light-independent reactions in photosynthesis. (ans)
2. Where in the chloroplasts do the light-independent reactions occur?
a. In the thylakoids. (ans)
b. In the stroma. (ans)
3. State how the light-dependent and light-independent reactions are linked during photosynthesis. (ans)
4. Briefly describe the following stages of the Calvin cycle:
a. CO2 fixation (ans)
b. production of G3P (ans)
c. regeneration of RuBP (ans)
5. State the significance of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate (G3P) in the Calvin cycle. (ans)
Kaiser's Microbiology Home Page
Copyright © Gary E. Kaiser
All Rights Reserved
Updated: Feb. 24, 2003
Please send comments and inquiries to Dr. Gary Kaiser