Learning Objectives for "Light-Independent Reactions"
After completing this section you should be able to perform the following objectives.
1. Briefly describe the overall function of the light-independent reactions in photosynthesis and state where in the chloroplast they occur.
2. State how the light-dependent and light-independent reactions are linked during photosynthesis.
3. State the reactants and the products for the light-independent reactions.
4. Briefly describe the following stages of the Calvin cycle:
a. CO2 fixation
b. production of G3P
c. regeneration of RuBP
5. State the significance of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate (G3P) in the Calvin cycle.
Kaiser's Microbiology Home Page
Copyright © Gary E. Kaiser
All Rights Reserved
Updated: Feb. 24, 2003
Please send comments and inquiries to Dr. Gary Kaiser