WELCOME TO CCBC ESSEX CAMPUS
MATH 081 & 082: REVIEW MATH
Welcome to Review Math! Below is a guide to the Review Math Webpage. You will find
basic information about Review Mathematics, as well as practice tests and other helpful
resources. Simply click on the highlighted word (you will notice the pointer turns into a
finger) and you will be on the page that you are interested in.
The Review Mathematics course is divided into three parts, each specializing in a
fundamental area of mathematics, allowing the department to tailor a program to meet the
individual needs of each student. Students will gain a solid foundation for their credit
Review Math courses are taught in the Math Center, located on the 3rd floor of the
Science and Allied Health building in Room F302. Students enrolled in Review Math may use
many resources such as computer software applications, videotapes, and supplemental
worksheets. Feel free to stop by or call the Math Center at (443) 840-1308 for additional
Below is a guide to the Review Math Webpage. Simply click on the highlighted word, (you
will notice the pointer turns into a finger) and you will be on the page that you are
Developmental Mathematics Coordinator
To work with our practice exams, you will need to download the
Authorware Web Player. It is available, for free, from the Macromedia Website. When
the plug-in has been downloaded, hit the Back key on your browser to return to this page.
- General Information contains information about how Review
- Success Schedule gives you a chart so that you can see exactly what Math course
you need to take to fulfill your degree requirements.
- Study Skills Guide - Studying math is not like studying other
subjects. The Math Study Skills
Guide will show you how to study for math.
- Math Manipulatives - Sometimes math is a lot easier to understand if
you can just "see it". Lisa Brown has organized a list of manipulatives
designed to show students how topics in Math 081 work. Just go to the Math
Manipulative link and check them out.
- Arithmetic Practice Problems gives you an on line exercise
on the types of arithmetic operations you will be expected to learn.
- Math 081: Interactive Review To select these exercises, hold down the control key
as you click on either Windows or
- Math 082: Interactive Review To select these exercises, hold down the control key
as you click on either Windows or Mac.
- Math 082 Review For those students who placed directly into Math
082, here is an introduction to the course. Please visit Math 082:Getting Started
- Math 082 Videos - This link will take you to some terrific Math 082 videos created by Pete Surgent.
These videos will show you how to solve practice homework problems. If you
want to see more examples worked out, check out his You Tube site!
- The CCBC Essex Math Lab gives you the opportunity to see our computer labs. We were
fortunate enough to have been awarded a National Science Foundation grant to create this
lab. Please come and take a look.
Last Revised Donna Tupper, June 2009.